Oh (Oh) Collard Greens
OH, OH COLLARD GREENS
- 2 bunch collard greens, stems removed and chopped
- 3 cups cooked or 2 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 small heirloom tomatoes, sliced or diced
- 2 shallots
- 2T EVOO
- 4T lemon juice (3-4 lemons)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large wok over medium heat, add shallots and sauté 4 minutes or so, just until softened.
- Add collards, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt & pepper, cook another 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and beans, cook, stirring occasionally, until collards are lightly wilted or until beans and tomatoes are heated through.
- I like my collards al dente if you will and cooked for about 5 extra minutes. Ending cooking time will vary depending on how soft you like your collards.
- Top with a squeeze of lemon and lemon-pepper seasoning if on hand.