Caprese Summer Salad
Fresh and vibrant summer salad featuring heirloom tomatoes and bocconcine fresh mozzarella. Serves 8
Capiche? Caprese salad’s on beaches and islands
Far from police sirens at least for a weekend
- 4-5 large heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup of fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 packages of bocconcine fresh mozzerella, halved
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- coarse sea salt to taste
- At 250 degrees F, roast the garlic cloves for 20 minutes.
- Add the garlic cloves to the olive oil in a small bowl. Set aside to cool for about 15 minutes and prep the other items.
- In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, finely chopped fresh basil, halved bocconcine mozzerella.
- Take the garlic infused olive oil and spoon evenly over the mixture.
- Add salt-n-pepa to taste.