Let's Get It Chicken Noodle Soup
"Chicken Noodle Soup,
Chicken Noodle Soup,
Chicken Noodle Soup
wit a soda on the side"
-Young B & Webstar
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced thin (about 2 carrots)
- 1 cup celery, sliced thin (about 2 celery stalks)
- 1 cup sweet Vidalia, peeled and diced small (about 1 medium onion)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces shells (We love De Cecco Pasta)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (use store bought organic rotisserie chicken to save time)
- 4 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- To a large Dutch oven or stockpot, add the oil and warm over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots, celery, onion, and sauté for about 7 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir occasionally.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another minute or two.
- Add the chicken broth, bay leaves, rosemary, oregano, pepper, and bring to a boil. Allow mixture to boil gently for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are fork-tender.
- Add the shells and boil mixture for about 10 minutes, or until noodles are cooked through al dente.
- Add the chicken, parsley, lemon juice, and boil 1 to 2 minutes, or until chicken is warmed through. Taste soup and add salt to taste. Remove the bay leaves, and serve immediately... with a soda on the side.
**Soup will keep in the fridge for 5 to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.