Work Coconut Ginger Basmati Rice
"Put in work" finely chopping the ginger and scallions for this creamy, exotic coconut ginger basmati rice. You won't be disappoiinted! Serve with crispy chicken fillets, encrusted cod, or an amazing curry stew. Servings: 4 Total Time: 20 mins
Listen to: Work (Remix) - A$AP Ferg
- 2 cups Basmati rice, rinsed thoroughly with cold water
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- Add basmati rice, 1 cup water, coconut milk, chicken broth and salt. Cover, and place over medium heat. Bring liquid to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender -- about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Mix in scallions and ginger. Add a little more coconut milk if rice is too dry. Season to taste with salt-n-pepa. Serve.