Late Night Special Spinach & Steak Salad
"Sit back and let the flow set in
Got green like salad so I'm fresh when I'm dressin'".
- 3 cups of fresh baby spinach
- 1.5 lb. skirt steak, trimmed to four 6" wide steaks
- 1 T canola oil
- 1 T of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tiny red bliss potatoes, sliced thinly
- 3 T red onion, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup of goat cheese
- handful of pistachios
- pesto sauce for drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Pour a little canola into a large cast-iron skillet set over high heat. Season the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides. When the canola oil starts to smoke, add the steaks. Cook to medium rare (about 2-3 minutes per side). Set steaks aside and let them rest for at least five minutes.
3. Lay out baby red bliss potato slices on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 5-8 minutes. While you are waiting, prep the salad.
3. Combine the spinach, red onion, goat cheese, pistachios in a large bowl. Drizzle pesto sauce to lightly dress the greens.
4. Top with the baked potato slices and sliced skirt steak. Season with salt and pepper.