Shot Caller Apple Crisp
"Back on the scene, crispy and clean"
This is a simple apple crisp made with honeycrisp apples and styled after beautiful french apple tarts. We like it extra crispy on top so we broil is for a few minutes at the end. We also like a cleaner alternative so we tried it with greek yogurt this time, instead of ice cream. Enjoy!
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and sliced Honeycrisp apples
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup of Craisins or dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, we love kerrygold
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place apples in a buttered small casserole pan or loaf pan.
- Sprinkle Craisins on top of apple layers.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and melted butter.
- Mix until crumbly; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake for about 30 minutea.
- Serve warm with our whipped C.R.E.A.M or try Chobani vanilla or maple greek yogurt for a healthier option.