King Kunta Yams
KING KUNTA YAMS
3 large yams
2 tablespoons real maple syrup
1 tablespoon crushed red-pepper flakes
3 tablespoons EVOO
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
the juice from 2 limes
2 scallions, both green & white parts, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400
- Cut yams into wedges (about 4) per yam
- Put them in a large bowl, and toss them with the maple syrup, 1/2T crushed red-pepper flakes and 2T of the olive oil. Let it sit for 10 minutes - tossing once or twice to coat, while the oven get's hot
- Line a baking sheet with foil and throw the wedges on it. Season with salt-n-pepa and then bake until they are caramelized around the edges and soft at their thickest part. This should take about a half hour, maybe 35 minutes.
- As the yams roast, create the yogurt sauce by combining yogurt, lime juice, and 1T of olive oil in a small bowl. Whisk and season with salt-n-pepa to taste.
- Serve with a yogurt drizzle, red pepper flakes, scallions, and some sea salt.