Cranberry Moonwalk Sauce
“Anything you done did,
Yes I’ve done it I’ve done it I’ve done it I’ve done it.”
- 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of Spiced Hibiscus Stagg Jam
- 1/2 cup of blood orange juice (about 3 blood oranges)
- 2 T of blood orange zest
- 1 teaspoon of Woodward Extract Co. cardamom extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 bay leaf
- 3-4 cloves
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cheesecloth
Place bay leaf, cloves, and cinnamon sticks in a piece of cheesecloth and tightly tie into a bundle. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, bring the blood orange juice, water, and sugar to a boil. Once boiling, add the spice bundle and boil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cranberries and blood orange zest. Bring it back up to a boil, then regulate heat to medium and cover. Cook 8-10 minutes, or until the cranberries have burst and softened. Carefully remove the cheesecloth bundle from the pot.
- Let cool and transfer to a jar and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
*Recipe inspired by B.O.B.’s “Cranberry Moonwalk” with special appearances by Jae Millz and Warren G.